Monday, February 14, 2011
Rane MP25 Club Mixer
Rane MP25 Club Mixer
Meet the Rane MP25 mixer, satisfying the audio and ergonomic demands of performing DJs, in a 19˝ rack format preferred by nightclubs, with a compact 4U design that drops easily into a mobile rig. It's the same height as a classic Rane MM 8z, MP 24 or MP 22 series Mixer.
Sporting two microphone inputs, four studio-grade phono preamps, four analog aux inputs, four low-latency stereo USB inputs, analog and USB effects insert loops, and a variety of analog and digital outputs; the MP25 remains rooted in analog tradition while reaching new heights of digital connectivity.
Reliable, low-latency, multi-client ASIO and Core Audio drivers interface the MP25's twenty-two USB audio channels directly to your favorite multi-track mixing, beat-making, looping, effects, and recording applications. Additionally, the MP25's front panel controls are MIDI enabled, allowing manipulation of software parameters directly from the mixer's control surface.
The MP25 mixer ships March 2011.
* Four individually switchable stereo Phono/Line inputs.
* Four stereo Auxiliary inputs.
* Four stereo USB playback inputs.
* Two microphone inputs with optional Talkover ducking:
o One with front and rear panel connectors.
o One with a line-level input option.
o Engage a mic to put it into the mix, or engage Talkover to put the mic in the mix and duck all other sources. Talkover makes it easy to jump into the mix for quick, intelligible announcements.
* Stereo Main Outputs on balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA:
o Rear panel Mono/Stereo switch.
o Rear panel Max Out level attenuator.
* Stereo balanced 1/4" TRS Zone and Booth outputs:
o Auto-mono output on both Left and Right jacks.
* Stereo Record outputs on RCA, S/PDIF and USB.
The MP25 fits in a 19" rack, the same height as a MM 8z, MP 24 or MP 22 series Mixer. The jacks are recessed, allowing connectors to fit inside a mobile coffin. Click on any image for a full-size JPG to read the dimensions.
MP25 Club Mixer's USBUSB ASIO Core Audio
* 22 streaming USB audio channels.
* Four stereo playback channels stream audio directly from your favorite playback, mixing, beat-making, and looping applications to the MP25's digital mixer engine.
* Four stereo record channels stream the four post-fader program channels to your audio application for multi-track recording.
* A fifth stereo record channel streams Mic 1, Mic 2, or the Main Mix to your recording application.
* The USB Effects Loop enables insertion of any available stereo computer-based VST effects processors into the MP25's powerful FlexFX bus.
* Low-latency ASIO / Core Audio drivers eliminate delay between the control input to audio software and the audible result.
* Multiclient ASIO / Core Audio drivers allow multiple software applications to simultaneously stream audio to and from the mixer.
* The MP25 MIDI device exposes the MP25 front panel as a MIDI controller, allowing control of audio application parameters using the mixer's control surface.
Installing the ASIO or Core Audio driver creates the MP25 Control Panel in your computer, which also include MIDI implementation (control numbers in red).
Third-Party SoftwareUSB ASIO Core Audio
ASIO and Core Audio software applications are compatible with the MP25, which includes a low-latency, USB 2.0, high-speed, 10-input, 12-output audio interface. The MP25 front panel controls are MIDI-mappable in supporting software. Features will vary between software programs.
For example, in Ableton Live, the MP25 can be used as a multichannel sound card and MIDI controller. You can stream audio from four different audio tracks from Ableton to separate channels of the MP25 mixer, including a dedicated USB audio channel for FlexFX routing, and simultaneously record multitrack or stereo audio back into Ableton Live.
The MP25 ASIO and Core Audio drivers require the following minimum system capabilities:
* PC: XP, Vista, Windows 7.
* Mac: OS X 10.5 or higher.
* System Memory: 2 GB or more.
* Processor: 2 GHz single core or better.
Third-party ASIO and Core Audio DJ software links:
* Fruity Loops
* Virtual DJ
Links will be added and updated, so please check back.
The FlexFx architecture in the MP25 is more powerful than typical effect insert solutions. The architecture includes the FlexFx Bus, an auxiliary bus routed to the FlexFX Loop which includes two independent effects inserts. Any combination of PGM 1-4 and Mic 1-2 may be routed to the FlexFX Bus. Any combination of external analog and USB effects may be applied within the FlexFX Loop. It's possible to cue and meter the FlexFX Loop return. You may also bypass the entire FlexFX Loop using a single button to instantly punch in and out a combination of effects. The final FlexFX Level controls the amount of the FlexFX audio in the Main Mix. The FlexFX architecture allows you to quickly apply any combination of effects to a variety of sources to produce unique, compelling mixes on the fly.
The order of processing in the MP25's FlexFx architecture is:
1. Independent FlexFx assign for PGM 1-4 and Mic 1-2, or assign all sources simultaneously with the Main FlexFX button.
2. Ext. Analog Insert, with Send and Return Levels.
3. USB Insert.
4. FlexFX Loop return Cue and Meter.
5. FlexFx On (FlexFX Loop Bypass).
6. FlexFx Mix Level control.
External Audio Effects — Any stereo effects unit connected to the Send and Return can be inserted independently or in combination with other effects. The external analog loop includes Send and Return Levels to match mixer and processor audio levels.
USB Effects — Your favorite VST effects plug-ins on your computer can be inserted independently or in combination with other effects using the FlexFX USB Insert.
MP25 Tone Controls
Phono/Line, Aux, FlexFX Inputs 4 stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
.....Phono or Line Level Rear panel switch for each Phono/Line input
.....Phono Response RIAA curve ±1 dB, Gain = 36 dB @ 1 kHz
.....Max Phone Input 63 mV @ 1 kHz
.....Max Line Input 4 Vrms
Mic Inputs Balanced 1/4" TRS & XLR combination jacks
.....Mic 1 Front and rear panel jacks
.....Mic 2 Rear panel jack with Mic/Line-level switch
.....Max Input (Mic Level) 185 mVrms (-12.5 dBu)
.....Max Input (Line Level) 3.7 Vrms (13.6 dBu)
.....EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) -110 dBu
FlexFX Unbalanced 1/4" tip-sleeve
.....Send Auto-mono, Left and Right Output jacks
.....Return Auto-mono, Left and Right Input jacks
Outputs: Main, Zone, Booth, Record, FlexFX
Balanced XLR & 1/4" TRS,
unbalanced RCA and 1/4" TS
.....Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0.25 dB / -1.5 dB
.....THD+N <0.03% re 0 dBFS, 20 to 20 kHz, 20 kHz BW
.....RCA and Unbalanced 1/4" TS Max output 4 Vrms
.....XLR and Balanced 1/4" TRS Max output 8 Vrms
.....Zone/Booth Auto-mono, left and right jacks
.....Main Output Mono switch, rear panel attenuator (0 to -24 dB)
Dynamic Range, Line In to Line Out 100 dB A-weighted
Analog to Digital Converters (ADCs)
24-bit, 48 kHz
Dynamic range 101 dB A-weighted
Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) 24-bit, 48 kHz
Dynamic range 107 dB A-weighted
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) 48 kHz, 32-bit, floating-point
USB Audio 48 kHz, 32-bit, floating-point
.....Stereo Record Channels 6
.....Stereo Playback Channels 5
Universal Internal Power Supply 100 to 240 VAC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz, 12 W max
USB Power Mixer is self-powered
Unit: Agency Listing UL / cUL Listed, E193164
..........Construction All Steel
..........Size (Inches) 7" (4U) H x 19" W x 4.6" D
..........Size (Metric) 17.8 cm x 48.3 cm x 11.7 cm
..........Weight 9.1 lb (4.14 kg)
Shipping: Size (inches) 21.5" L x 11.875" W x 7.25" D
..........Size (metric) 54.6 cm x 30.2 cm x 18.4 cm
..........Weight 14 lb (6.35 kg)